- Uses minimal resources. Less space, less memory, fewer dependencies.
- Transparency. GUI hides internals, limits options.
- Similar between Unix-like systems. GUI tools seem to change every week.
- Remote management. SSH rocks.
- Everything is text. Configs, devices, output. CLI is natural complement.
- Pipes and scripts. One time is hard, a thousand times is easy.
- Only need a few tools. Grep, sed, awk, vi, cron.
- Text config files. Easy to version, share, and comment.
- Requires reading skills instead of clicking skills.
- Much faster when you know what you are doing.
File Info: 12Min, 6MB.